|A N N O U N C E M E N T
|Due to my fulltime job, I can no longer maintain and update the main site, the forum will remain active.
Visit The Magicbox Forums for updates. Thanks.
||A P R 2 3 , 2 0 1 4
Capcom announced Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Ryuunosuke Naruhodou no Bouken [Great Ace Attorney], a side story of the Gyakuten Saiban series, which takes place in the Meji period in Japan between 1868 - 1912. The protagonist is named Ryunosuke Naruhodo ....
Here are some new Famitsu scans of Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold [Persona 4 Arena Ultimax] for PS3, the game will be available in Japan on Aug 28, for 6980 yen.
Nippon Ichi and Hamsters announced that they will offer virtual arcade service Arcade Archives for PS4 in Japan, games can be downloaded on PSN. Six publishers have signed up to publish arcade classics for the service. Arcade Archives will be available in spring 2014, 2 to 5 new titles will be added per month and the price will be 823 yen each. Here is a list of initial launch titles:
- City Connection
- Crazy Climber 2
- Crazy Climber
- Double Dragon
- Exciting Hour
- Mighty Bomb Jack
- Moon Cresta
- Mr. Pig & Pig Bombers
- Ninja Kid
- Nova 2001
- Solomonís Key
- Syusse Oozumou
- Terra Cresta
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land
- Wonder Boy
Here are the latest Famitsu game review scores, the score marked with (*) were removed due to copyright concerns.
- Child of Light (PS4/PS3, Ubisoft): *, 9, 9, 9
- Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS, Nintendo): 8, 9, 8,*
- Touch Detective 3 (Osawari Tantei Ozawa Rina Rising 3: Nameko wa Banana no Yume o Miru ka?) (3DS, Success): 7, *, 8, 8
Sledgehammer Games released a promotion image of this year's Call of Duty game at GDC, the game will be heading to PS4 and Xbox One this fall.
||A P R 2 2 , 2 0 1 4
Nippon Ichi announced that a new installment of Hayarigami is in development for PS3 and PS Vita, the game will be released in Japan on Aug 7. The game will have completely new characters, scenario with multiple branches and an update to the Reasoning System.
Atlus announced that the arcade fighting game Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold [Persona 4 Arena Ultimax] will be coming to PS3 in Japan on Aug 28, for 6980 yen. The first print copy of the game will include a download code for additional scenario. The PS3 version will include a new Golden Arena Mode, which is a battle tournament mode with RPG elements; and the game will likely to have tie-in elements with Persona 4: Dancing All Night for PS Vita.
Bandai Namco announced that the free-to-play game Ace Combat Infinity will be released worldwide in may, the game features a story campaign, team co-op multiplayer, and PVP combat. The story will take place in a near future world ....
Bandai Namco announced that Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm Revolution for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be released in Japan this fall; in North America and Europe this September. In Europe the game will be released in standard and two special editions .....
Here are some English screenshots and trailer of of Tales of Hearts R, a remake of the NDS RPG Tales of Hearts from 2008. The retail version will be available exclusively at GameStop in North America ....
Bandai Namco will release Tales of Xillia 2 for PS3 in North America on Aug 19 and in Europe on Aug 22.
Bandai Namco announced that Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment for PS Vita will be coming to North America this summer, the game will be available as digital download only.
One Piece: Unlimited World Red will be heading to PS3, Wii U, PS Vita and 3DS in North America in July and in Europe on Jun 27.
Koei Tecmo and Nintendo announced they are co-developing a new Zero [Fatal Frame] title for Wii U, a new installment to the horror adventure series, the game is set for a fall release in Japan.
Level 5 announced that its 3DS RPG Yokai Watch have shipped 1 million units in Japan, thanks to the increasing popularity of the TV anime of the same name, which started in January. Level 5 will release Yokai Watch 2 in Japan on July 10.
Microosoft announced that Xbox One will launch in Japan on Sep 4, confirmed launch titles include Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and more. So far 48 Japanese developers have signed up to develop for Xbox One, including:
- 2K Games
- Access Games
- Arc System Works
- Bandai Namco Games
- Bandai Namco Studio
- Bethesda Softworks
- D3 Publisher
- Electronic Arts
- From Software
- GungHo Online Entertainment
- Kadokawa Games
- Land Ho
- Level 5
- Marvelous AQL
- Nippon Ichi Software
- Silicion Studio
- SNK Playmore
- Spike Chunsoft
- Square Enix
- Take-Two Interactive
- Tango Gameworks
- Tecmo Koei
- Triangle Service
- Warner Entertainment Japan
||A P R 1 8 , 2 0 1 4
Microsoft announced that as of Apr 17, the worldwide shipment of Xbox One reached 5 million units. In the month of March, Xbox One sold 311,000 units, 60% higher than Xbox 360, which was around 110k units. Xbox One's Titanfall has sold around 1.35 million units in March, and the software hardware ratio is about 2.9.
Bandai Namco revealed new info of the new character Lailah in Tales of Zestiria, she is another character in the Heaven clan, she waits for someone who can become the doshi of the holy sword ....
Square Enix will release the Famicom classic Final Fantasy III for 3DS Virtual Console in Japan on Apr 23, for 514 yen. This is the original 2D version from 1990, before the full 3D remake was released on NDS.
NIS America will publish 3 Japanese RPG titles in North America this summer, all 3 games will have dual audio in English and Japanese:
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (PS Vita) - Aug 12, for $39.99
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) - Sep 2, for $39.99
- Fairy Fencer F (PS3) - Sep 23, for $39.99
Bandai Namco has officially announced that Tales of Hearts R will be coming to PS Vita in North America and Europe this winter. The game will be available as digital download on PSN and also retail exclusive to GameStop in North America.
Here are some new screenshots of Psycho Break [The Evil Within], the game will be available for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on Aug 26 in North America.
Here are the latest Media Create console hardware sales for the week of Apr 7 - 13, PS Vita returned to the top with 25k units sold, followed by 3DS at 23k and PS4 with 13k units sold ...
- PS Vita - 24,078 [422,577]
- 3DS LL - 17,291 [519,566]
- PS4 - 13,034 [519,773]
- PS3 - 7,305 [216,252]
- 3DS - 6,271 [228,180]
- Wii U - 5,512 [177,778]
- PSP - 2,027 [61,148]
- PS Vita TV - 1,220 [29,017]
- Xbox 360 - 229 [4,144]
Here are the latest Famitsu console software sales for the week of Apr 7 - 13, Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Jigoku-Ken sold 283k units (PS3 &aamp; Vita) this week, other new games include Titanfall at 7th place, and Crayon Shin-Chan at 5th place ...
- Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 158,410
- Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen (PSV, Bandai Namco) - 125,048
- Youkai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 49,799 [608,103] - 28,701 [708,675]
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS, Nintendo) - 28,407 [292,997]
- Crayon Shin-Chan: Arashi o Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 16,158
- Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters (PSV, Arc System Works) - 11,795
- Titanfall (360, EA) - 11,004
- Sengoku Musou 4 [Samurai Warriors 4] (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 9,825 [217,925]
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3, Konami) - 9,612 [215,850]
- Just Dance Wii U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 9,071 [29,041]
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, Nintendo) - 8,053 [574,992]
- Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters (PS3, Arc System Works) - 7,669
- J-Stars Victory Vs (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 7,287 [163,389]
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 (PS3, Konami) - 6,375 [107,474]
- Dream C Club Gogo (PS3, D3 Publisher) - 6,086
- Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear [Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear] (3DS, Nintendo) - 5,807 [142,467]
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PSV, Sega) - 5,530 [124,074]
- PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS, GungHo Online Ent.) - 5,318 [1,371,557]
- Pokemon X & Y (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 5,185 [4,339,972]
- J-Stars Victory Vs (PSV, Bandai Namco) - 4,779 [128,151]
- Wii Party U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 4,689 [708,418]
- Dark Souls II (PS3, From Software) - 4,573 [323,467]
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3, Sega) - 4,542 [77,142]
- New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU, Nintendo) - 4,415 [1,131,083]
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS, Capcom) - 4,396 [3,439,347]
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi (3DS, Square Enix) - 4,086 [723,024]
- Bokujou Monogatari: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi [Harvest Moon: Linking The New World] (3DS, Marvelous AQL) - 4,032 [198,519]
- Hero Bank (3DS, Sega) - 3,962 [32,791]
- Sengoku Musou 4 [Samurai Warriors 4] (PSV, Koei Tecmo) - 3,960 [71,022]
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 3,393 [4,121,946]
||A P R 1 4 - 1 5 , 2 0 1 4
Sony Computer Entertainment announced that they will transfer 9.52 million shares they have in Square Enix to SMBC Nikko Securities Inc., a large brokerage firm in Japan. The monetary value is estimated 4.8 billion yen (US$47 millions), the transfer will be complete on April 17.
D3 Publisher announced that its Simple Series will be coming to PS Vita starting this month on PSN, the first batch of titles will be Simple Series: The Anywhere Girls Mahjong and Simple Series: The Highway Escape: Nagoya - Tokyo, a car chase action game.
Sega will release Fantasy Zone: Complete Collection for PS3 on Apr 16, a compilation of all the Fantasy Zone titles plus a new remake of Fantasy Zone II. The list of titles include:
- Fantasy Zone (System 16) - four different versions
- Fantasy Zone (Sega Mark III, Old and New versions)
- Fantasy Zone II Remake (System 16)
- Fantasy Zone II (Sega Mark III)
- Fantasy Zone II (System E version)
- Fantasy Zone Gear: OpaOpa Jr.'s Adventure (Game Gear)
- Super Fantasy Zone (Mega Drive/Genesis)
- OpaOpa (System E version)
- OpaOpa (Sega Mark III)
- Fantasy Zone: The Maze (Sega Mark III)
- Galactic Protector (Sega Mark III)
Hamster Corporation announced that Nichibutsu arcade classics are coming to PS4 this spring, the first batch of classics include Crazy Climber, Ninja-Kun's Demon Castle Adventure and Rygar; the rights of these titles were secured by Hamster in March, which includes over 400 arcade classic titles; more will be coming in winter.
Sony announced three PS Vita titles are heading over to North America and Europe later this year, including Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Over My Dead Body 2 or Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke 2).
Here are the latest Famitsu game review scores, note that only 3 out of 4 scores were leaked online this week, the missing scores were marked with a star(*).
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS, Square Enix): 9, 9, 9, *
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PSV, Arc System Works): 8, 9, 8, *
- Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst (360, 5pb): 7, 8, *, 8
- NES Remix 1+2 (Wii U, Nintendo): 8, 8, 7, *
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PSV, Bandai Namco): 8, 8, *, 8
- Chronostacia (PSP, Idea Factory): *, 8, 7, 7
- Just Dance Wii U (Wii U, Nintendo): 8, 8, *, 8
- Ga-Sen Love Plus Pengo! (360, Triangle Service): *, 7, 5, 6
- Guruguru Tamagotchi! (3DS, Bandai Namco): *, 7, 6, 8
- Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta (PS3, Nippon Ichi): 7, 8, *, 5
- Imasugu Oniichan ni Imouto Datte Iitai! (PSV, Piacci): 6, 8, 7, *
- JS Girl: Doki Doki Model Challenge (3DS, Nippon Columbia): *, 7, 7, 7
- Rayman Legends (PSV, Ubisoft): *, 8, 7, 7
- Kuroyukihime: Snow Black (PSP, Quinrose): 7, *, 7, 6
- MapleStory: Unmei no Shoujo (3DS, Sega): 6, 8, *, 7
- Muv-Luv: photonflowers (PS3, 5pb): 5, *, 7, 7
Square Enix announced that over 2 million users have registered for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
VG247 reported that 36.9% of all Steam games have never been played, the most owned game is the free-to-play MOBA DOTA2 with 25 million players; next one is Team Fortress 2 with 20 million owners.
Capcom announced two new R&D buildings are under construction near its Osaka headquarter, the two buildings will be used for next-gen and social games, there will be facilities for motion capture, sound recording and game development, as well as multi-purpose spaces that can accommodate over 100 people. A month ago Capcom announced plans to hire 2500 new employees by 2022.
Famitsu has conducted a reader survey on The Top 30 Most Anticipated Masterpiece Sequels gamers are waiting in Japan. A number of well known series are in the list, including Shen Mue, Wild Arms, Romancing SaGa, and Suikoden.
||A P R 1 1 , 2 0 1 4
Here are some new screenshots and preview trailer of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the story takes place between Borderlands 1 & 2. The storyline will focus on Handsome Jack and his attempt to escape his exile .....
Here are some new screenshots of Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II [The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II], showing four characters in the game: Machias, Jusis, Emma and Fie .....
Level 5 will release Yokai Watch 2: Ganso/Honke for 3DS in Japan on July 10, the sequel to the smash hit Pokemon like RPG in which you make friends with Yokais ....
Here are the latest Media Create console hardware sales for the week of Mar 31 - Apr 6, sales of all systems dropped back after the sales tax rate went up in April, PS4 sales have dropped back to 13k units this week, while Wii U sold around 8k units ...
- PS Vita - 25,017 [398,499]
- 3DS LL - 22,947 [502,275]
- PS4 - 13,401 [506,739]
- PS3 - 10,871 [208,947]
- 3DS - 9,091 [221,909]
- Wii U - 7,962 [172,266]
- PSP - 2,892 [59,121]
- PS Vita TV - 1,371 [27,797]
- Xbox 360 - 276 [3,915]
Here are the latest Famitsu console software sales for the week of Mar 31 - Apr 6, Mario Party: Island Tour sold 55k units this week, Yokai Watch shifted another 27k units, and Just Dance Wii U is the only new entry in top 10, sold 20k units ....
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS, Nintendo) - 55,067 [264,590]
- Youkai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 49,799 [608,103] - 27,171 [679,974]
- Just Dance Wii U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 19,970
- Sengoku Musou 4 [Samurai Warriors 4] (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 19,195 [208,100]
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3, Konami) - 18,440 [206,238]
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PSV, Sega) - 14,963 [118,544]
- J-Stars Victory Vs (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 12,910 [156,102]
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3, Sega) - 11,162 [72,600]
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, Nintendo) - 11,106 [566,939]
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 (PS3, Konami) - 11,013 [101,099]
- J-Stars Victory Vs (PSV, Bandai Namco) - 10,531 [123,372]
- Dark Souls II (PS3, From Software) - 9,040 [318,894]
- Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear [Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear] (3DS, Nintendo) - 8,857 [136,660]
- Natural Doctrine (PS3, Kadokawa Games) - 7,732
- PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS, GungHo Online Ent.) - 7,691 [1,366,239]
- Sengoku Musou 4 [Samurai Warriors 4] (PSV, Koei Tecmo) - 7,472 [67,062]
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 (PSP, Konami) - 7,329 [51,499]
- Pokemon X & Y (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 6,779 [4,334,787]
- Wii Party U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 6,687 [703,729]
- Natural Doctrine (PSV, Kadokawa Games) - 6,138
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4, Konami) - 6,106 [120,808]
- New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU, Nintendo) - 5,988 [1,126,668]
- Bokujou Monogatari: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi [Harvest Moon: Linking The New World] (3DS, Marvelous AQL) - 5,985 [194,487]
- Winning Post 8 (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 5,925 [26,478]
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi (3DS, Square Enix) - 5,899 [718,938]
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS, Capcom) - 5,089 [3,434,951]
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 4,778 [4,118,553]
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Take Two) - 4,740 [703,922]
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 (PSP, Konami) - 4,676 [41,180]
- Hero Bank (3DS, Sega) - 4,421 [28,829]