Sony released the full specs of the PlayStation 4, the main processor is an x86-64 AMD Jaguar 8 cores processor, with an AMD next-gen Radeon based graphic engine which outputs 1.84 TFlops...
- Main Processor: Single Chip custom processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 Cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-gen Radeon based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard Disk: Built-in
- Optical Drive: Blu-Ray 6X Speed CAV, DVD 8X Speed CAV
- Input/Output: Super Speed USB (USB 3.0) Port, AUX port
- Communication: Ethernet (10/100/1000 Base-T), IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
- AV output: HDMI, Analog AV, Optical Digital output
145 companies have signed up to develop PS4 titles, with 45 from Japan, 47 from North America and 53 from Europe and Asia, some of the Japanese firms include Arc System Works, Konami, Square Enix, Spike Chunsoft, Sega, Tri-Ace, Nippon Ichi, Gust, Falcom, Kadokawa Games, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Capcom, GungHo, Platinum Games, From Software, Craft & Meister, Level 5, and Tecmo Koei.
Sony also released official images of Dual Shock 4 and PlayStation 4 Eye. DualShock 4 will have touch pad, six-axis, light bar, headphone, microphone. The light bar can change to different color, the same way as PlayStation Move. The Start and Select buttons have been replaced by Options and Share buttons. Press the SHARE button will continuous record gameplay from the PS4 and you can upload clips to social media sites. There is also a built-in speaker.
The PlayStation 4 Eye is a new camera with two wide-angle lens of 85 degrees diagonal viewing angle , which can accurately detect depth of the space, it also has four microphones to detect direction of sound source. PS4 Eye is compatible with DualShock 4 and PlayStation Move motion controller.