Degenki PlayStation magazine revealed some final details of Final Fantasy XIII-2 during an interview with producer Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama....
- Each episode will take about 3 hours to complete, it is intended for busy people to easily finish each episodes without spending too much time
- Those who have the FFXIII game save will receive bonus monster decorative items, as well as some bonus items in the casino area
- The game's new Battle Coliseum area will have a story element
- The game will have auto save feature turned on by default, similar to western games. If you are unsure (if your progress was saved), you can also save anywhere
- After you defeated Odin in the story, you can use him as an ally monster
- After you cleared the game, you have the option to continue cruising in the Historia Crux. If you close the Historia Crux gate, you can restart the game with "New Game Plus", there are items that you can only obtain in New Game Plus, such as monster items.
- Serah and Noel will start with 3 roles: Attacker (Commando), Blaster (Ravager) and Defender (Sentinel).
- Dengeki included a mini review, the game got pluses (+) on large amount of extra content and selectable difficulties; but received one minus (-) for slightly longer load time when switching between areas
Here are the latest Dengeki game review scores from Japan:
- Danboru Senki Boost (PSP, Level 5) – 80/80/80/60
- Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3, Ubisoft) – 90/90/95/80
- Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect (PS3, Chun Soft) – 90/90/90/70
- The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (PS3, Bethesda Softworks) – 90/85/95/75
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (PS3, Arc System Works) – 80/80/85/80
Here are some scans of 5pb's sci-fi fantasy visual novel Robotics; Notes, which will be heading to PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2012.
Capcom's Monster Hunter series producer Kaname Fujioka said that the debut trailer of Monster Hunter 4 back in Tokyo Game Show was actual gameplay footage from the game, played by the dev team. The game has been in development alongside with Monster Hunter 3G, at the same time learning how to use the 3DS hardware. The development team has reached a point where they would include elements in the game even if they're unsure, because they are expected to show constant results.
The Last Guardian [Hitokui no Owashi Trico] producer Fumito Ueda, who reportedly left Sony a month ago, said he is still working on the project and assured to fans that he will remain with Sony until the project is complete.
Bandai Namco revealed its Jump Festa game lineup, the show will take place in Tokyo between Dec 17-18.
- Bakuman: Mangaka e no Dou [Bakuman: The Road to Cartoonist] (NDS)
- Blue Exorcist: The Phantom Labyrinth of Time (PSP)
- Digimon World Re:Digitize (PSP)
- Dragon Ball: Ultimate Blast (PS3/360)
- Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale (Arcade)
- Gintama (Mobile)
- Listen to Daddy Says! (PSP)
- Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Impact (PSP)
- Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Generations (PS3/360)
- One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 (DS)
- One Piece: Grand Collection (Mobile)
- Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle (PS3)
- Tales of Innocence (Vita)
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave (PSP)
- Tekken Hybrid (PS3)
- Toriko: Gourmet Battle (PC)
- Toriko: Gourmet Survival (PSP)
Nekkei News reported that Nintendo's 3DS will soon be reaching the 3 million mark in Japan, Iwata told Nekkei that 3DS has regained its "vigor" after the price cut. 3DS will reach 3 millions two weeks ahead of the NDS.
Famitsu revealed the top 10 best selling games in Japan for November 2011, Super Mario 3D Land sold 542k in the month, followed by Sega's Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend...
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, Nintendo) – 542,842 units
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend (PSP, Sega) – 234,627
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Subtitled Version (PS3, Square Enix) – 227,219
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii, Nintendo) - 194,894
- Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP, Square Enix) – 172,756 [676,144]
- Battlefield 3 (PS3, EA) – 157,484
- Sengoku Basara 3 Utage (PS3, Capcom) – 138,610
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3, Sony) – 153,363
- One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 (NDS, Bandai Namco) – 134,943
- Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke (PSP, Sony) – 114,548
GREE, the ultra popular mobile social gaming network in Japan with 150 million users, announced a list of major titles which will be coming soon to the Japanese handsets, iOS and Android via the GREE platform....
- Capcom - Resident Evil Mercenaries VS for GREE, Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting for GREE
- Koei Tecmo - Shin Sangoku Musou [Dynasty Warriors] for GREE
- Konami - DanceDanceRevolution
- Square Enix - Emperor's SaGa, Galaxy Dungeon
- Sega - Ryu ga Gotoku Kizuna,
- Taito - Period Zero, Dead Connection
- Bandai Namco - Kamen Rider Wars, Super Sentai Wars, Ultraman Taisen
In the latest Square Enix Channel podcast, the company revealed the reason of registering domains such as finalfantasyxiii-3.com, was a prevenative measure done by Square Enix USA, to ensure the domain wasn't taken if they need it in fugure. We can probably find out if Final Fantasy XIII-3 will ever exist by checking into the sales of FFXIII-2.
Here are the winners of Sony's annual PlayStation Awards, which covers titles released between Nov 1, 2010 to Oct 31, 2011. Winner of Quadruple Platinum Prize receives 4 million yen cash prize, while Gold Prize winners each received 500,000 yen.
Here are some early screenshots and video of a fan made Final Fantasy VII Remake, which built on Epic Games' Unreal Development Kit.